Laois Public Participation Network (PPN)
WHAT IS A PPN?
The PPN or Public Participation Network is a new framework for public engagement and participation and is currently being established within Co. Laois.
The PPN will be the main link through which the Local Authority connects with community, social inclusion and environmental sectors.
WHY DO WE NEED A PPN?
The PPN gives you a voice!!
The aim of a PPN Structure is to facilitate and enable public organisations operating within the wider community to give voice to a diverse range of views, issues and interests within the local government system.
The PPN will:
- Facilitate the participation by the public and representation of communities in a fair, equitable and transparent manner through the environmental, social inclusion and community/voluntary sectors on decision making bodies.
- Strengthen the capacity of the environmental, social inclusion and community/voluntary groups to contribute positively to the community that they live/participate in.
- Provide information to the environmental, social inclusion and community/voluntary sectors and will act as a hub around which information can be received and distributed.
WHY SHOULD MY GROUP/ORGANISATON REGISTER AND JOIN THE PPN??
There are a number of reasons why your group should be a part of the PPN:
- Networking, sharing information, learning from other groups in your local area or your particular field / sector.
- Create a sense of solidarity and collective action across the county.
- Elect representatives to policy and decision making boards and committees.
- Avail of low cost or free training in the county.
- Get information on funding, grants and initiatives that are of interest to your group.
If your group wishes to avail of any future local government funding opportunities, you must now be registered with the PPN in your county!
For further information please contact us at
Laois Public Participation Network