Laois Dog Warden Services
The Dog Warden is Mr. Tristan Blundell and the Laois Dog Pound is situated at Tentore, Ballacolla, Co. Laois. To contact the Dog Warden, please telephone the Laois Dog Pound on 057 – 8734067 or mobile 086-2556298 or email email@example.com.
The Dog Warden deals with issues such as:
- Dogs Lost
- Dogs Found
- Complaints regarding dogs
- Surrender of dogs
The Dog Warden does not deal with issues regarding dogs barking. In accordance with the Control of Dogs Act, 1986 any person can make a complaint to the District Court for nuisance caused by a barking dog.
Dog Pound General Opening Hours:
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: CLOSED
- Thursday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
All other times by appointment only. The Dog Pound is not open on public holidays.
Location: see map
Dog Pound Charges
Owners must provide a current dog licence before any dog is reclaimed or rehomed or before any dog may leave the dog pound.
- Reclaimed Dogs: €30 per dog recovery charge plus a boarding charge of €10 per day.
- Surrendered Dogs: €30 per dog; €10 per pup; €30 per litter
- Rehomed Dogs: A new licence or general licence must be produced. Photo ID is required. If living in rented accommodation a letter from the landlord is required
Useful Contact Numbers
- Laois Dog Pound/Shelter 057 – 8734067
- I.SP.C.A. NATIONAL ANIMAL HELPLINE 1890 515 515
- LAOIS S.P.C.A. 087 6883333
This page has uptodate information and details of animals that are available for rehoming.
Laois Dog Pound, Photos of all Found/Stray Dogs that have come into Laois Dog Pound & Dogs that are available to Rehome: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laois-Dog-Pound/477379559051757
Citizen Information on CONTROL OF DOGS: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html
Animal Health & Welfare Act, 2013: https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/animalhealthwelfare/legislation/AnimalHealthandWelfareAct060314.pdf