Comhairle Chontae Laoise – Laois County Council – Portarlington Leisure Centre
Following refurbishment Portarlington Swimming Pool reopened to the public on 1st December, 2007. Facilities include:
- 25m x 9.2m deck level pool,
- 7m x 6m deck level learner pool,
- Changing Village,
- 2 group changing rooms,
- Fully equipped gymnasium including cardiovascular and resistance equipment,
- Multi purpose Classes Studio / Meeting Room.
Adjacent to the leisure centre are the following:
- Portarlington Community Centre including Sportshall.
- Portarlington Town Park with jogging/walking trail,
- outdoor children’s playground,
- picnic tables and seating.
The River Barrow runs along the town park and behind the Leisure centre and provides a fantastic viewpoint from the gymnasium.
Portarlington Leisure Centre have appointed Seán Quirke as their manager and Seán will be happy to answer any queries you may have in relation to the centre, pricing, joining options, accessibility, employment opportunities etc.
You can contact Manager Seán Quirke at 057-8645800
Postal enquiries to:
Seán Quirke, Manager, Portarlington Leisure Centre, Link Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois.