Group Water & Wastewater Schemes
A group water scheme provides a private water supply to 2 or more houses by means of a common or shared source of supply and distribution system.
The Council assists groups by working in partnership with them and by:-
- Providing advice and guidance on the formation and operation of group schemes
- Providing technical advice on source and supply issues, distribution networks, water quality and treatment, scheme design, etc.
- Enabling groups to take a water supply from public mains where this is feasible
- Providing advice and assistance on tender procurement and evaluation
- Grant aiding group schemes up to 85% of the approved cost, subject to a limits.
- Supervision of construction standards
- Providing an annual subsidy towards the operation and maintenance costs incurred on the scheme by the group
- Group Scheme Subsidy – Annual Subsidy Claim Form WS 1
- New Schemes – Application for connection to group scheme
- Takeover of Group Schemes – Application to take a group water scheme in charge
- Water Conservation/Network Upgrades
- Specific Source Protection Works
- Connection to Public Mains of Quality Deficient Group Scheme
- DBO Capital replacements Costs
- Small Private Supplies with a public and/or commercial element